Skip to main content

favourite things (mostly)

 Hey. It’s been minute since I’ve written a single thing. 

 I’ll tell you truthfully that a big part of the reason I’m back in the first place, is because lovely Autumn (tagged below) posted a list of her favourite bloggers, and I was one of them. I don't deserve the title, HONESTLY, but I was like, "oh wow, I'm so honoured!" And then I was like "Oh WoW, I haven't posted since July." (I know, some "favourite blogger" I am, right?) So I was like, "goodness, I really should post again." SO HERE I AM. YA MISS ME? probably not.

 I've been through the stage where I decide, "Oh, I 'm going to start writing every week, and do all these cool posts." I've been there, it's gone, it's in the past now. I am finally wise enough (honestly not, I just finally KNOW myself well enough) to realize that I may post next week, and mayybeee even the week after if we're lucky (or unlucky, I don't know). But after that, things are realllyy not certain. Most likely, I will again wait three months before I post. And I realize how sad this is, and I apologize, but that's a burden you'll just have to bear. It's part of being a subscriber to my blog. (In that case, you might possibly want to unsubscribe now, while you have the chance.) 

 And now that I've used four pairs of parentheses in just two paragraphs, let's continue, shall we?


I thought it was about time, since I was tagged for this on July 19... OOF.
There's always rules ✌
  ✔ Thank and link back to the person who tagged you. (Thanks, Autumn. By the way, just a slight interruption ladies and gentlemen, please DO click on that name above, because she's a darling. And an excellent blogger. Plus she write's SO MUCH MORE CONSISTENTLY than I do, and she's doing this 30 day challenge thing for the month of september, so you get to read a new post every single day. It's glorious.)

 ✔ Thank and link back to the person who started the tag. (Beth, I don't know you, but your blog name is really cute. And I appreciate VERY MUCH that you used the Julie Andrews picture for the cover.)

 ✔ Write your eight favourite things in the post. We'll get to that soon.

✔ Add at least 2 pictures in your post that are related to your favourite things.

✔ Tag eight people. But I won't be doing that. I'm not normally a huge rule-breaker, it's just simply impossible since I don't know enough people who haven't already been tagged. 

✔ Put the eight rules in your blog post.

✔ Include the picture above as the cover photo. Who wouldn't, because like I said, it's excellent.

✔ Have fun. I plan on it.

Before we start: the most IMPORTANT things to me are of course, Christ, my family, and my friends. Just because they aren't on this list, doesn't mean those aren't my favourite things too. In fact they are at the very top of the favourites list. I simply interpret "favourite things" as little things that you don't necessarily know about me. I hope no one is offended by that!

 Okay, let's do it. 😂







(PLEASE tell me you got it.)


Now let's actually begin.




1. Loki
So technically, he's a villain, but if you're a fan of extreme sarcasm, Loki is for you. And I am. So there we have it. He probably shouldn't have come number one on the list, but he was the first one that popped up since just today I was drawing a picture of  Loki, which I am planning on having framed and giving to my cousin (who is also a huge fan) for her birthday next month. 


2. ORGANIZATIONNN ( specifically, The Home Edit)

 This is a weird one. ("Like, I knowww Natalia, we all know you're weird.") But for real guys, this is one of the things that makes me just incredibly happy for no particular reason. I SERIOUSLY am considering becoming a professional organizer. The gorgeous picture above was done by the amazing Clea and Joanna, founders of The Home Edit. There's a show called "Get Organized With the Home Edit" on Netflix, and gahhh it's incredible. 


3. Hamilton

 I actually learned a lot of history from this movie. It's entirely singing/rapping, so if you memorize the songs, you memorize facts. It's insanely well written. 



4. Pinterest

 It's so much fun. If you don't have pinterest, you should get it. If you do and I don't follow you, then put your username in the comments and I will. 



5. Mini goldendoodles
MY HEART.



6. Fall
It is, without a doubt, my favourite season. (And no, not because of pumpkin spice lattes, even though they're good.)



7. Books

Oh yes. Some of the best ones? The Hunger Games, The Penderwick's, and anything by Jane Austin. Yes, I just gave you recommendations from three different genres: sci-fi, modern fiction, and period dramas/romance novels. 😂 You'll have variety at least. 



8. Music

 Huge fan of Taylor Swift's new-ish album right now. It's very amazing. Listen to it. Do.

 And that brings this post to a close. It's fairly long, so hopefully it satisfies your needs for a rambly-ish blog post for a while. 

 Au revoir, my friends.











 


Comments

  1. Yay!!! Loved this!!💗💓💗 aww, that first role paragraph was the sweetest!! You're a darling too😍 I got that!! 🤩*laughs* That organization picture looks the coolest!!!!!! Mini Goldendoodles😍Books😍Music😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ❤️I’m just so sorry it took me so long. 🙈 but yesss, if you liked the organization picture, you should watch their show. The entire process is reallyyy cool.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girllll autumn is my favorite season too🍁🍂😍 and I love books. Autumn and books are the perfect match📚🍁🧡 I can't say I love lattes though🥺 (especially not chai ones😉😄)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fall and books ARE a good match, aren't they. And yes, somehow I remember that you don't have a fondness for lattes. (Especially chai, yes.)😂

      Delete
  4. Howdy! Ok ngl Loki is honestly amazing. He's horrible, but amazing. You whole list is awesome.
    Books, Hunger Games? I am honestly a Hunger Games freak! I have all the books (Including the prequel) And I want all of the movies! (I've seen all of them.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Horrible and amazing both. Confusing, but true. I'm a Hunger Games freak too. I LOVE the books, and I really want to watch the movies, just haven't gotten that far yet. :) I have all the books too, but not the prequel.

      Delete
  5. Hi! I just found your blog and really enjoyed this post. I've actually never seen/heard Hamilton, but other than that, I agree with everything on your list. And yes, I did get it. ;) If you want to check my blog out (just to see who this random person commenting on your blog is), it's singinghispraisesblog.blogspot.com.

    -Katelyn :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you for taking the time to read this. :) it's always fun to see a comment from somebody new. You should watch Hamilton or AT LEAST listen to the soundtrack on Spotify. It's pretty cool. The first song in the soundtrack is really cool. The best part is that the whole broadway show was written completely by one guy (Lin Manuel Miranda) and he's also the actor for the main character. So that's kind of insane.

      Delete
  6. I love Loki too!!! I have also drawn him before. I would love to see your art work!! May we?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yesss TEAM LOKI. ✌😂 goodness, he's my favourite character ever right now. Is your drawing of him on your blog? Because I personally would very much love to see it. You're quite a bit more talented than I am, so asking me to share my artwork makes me a little nervous, but I'll definitely think about it. 😉

      Delete
  7. Hey I love this post!! And the organization thing... totally thats me!! I love organizing!! The rest is really good to!! Music 😍 books 😍 minidoodles 😍 awww

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm SO glad you liked it. 😘 And yes, organizing is somehow therapeutic. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

thirty-three questions

  It's a rainy, muddy, cool-ish, gray-ish, Sunday, but it's nice to be inside.   We had real church for the first time in almost three months, keeping the limit to fifty people of course, and social distancing inside. It was glorious to see my people again.   I'm in the mood to write, but I didn't know what to write about. So I looked up a list of questions and I'll answer them about myself. Just so you guys can know me better, and I can satisfy my need to write for now.   The list has 800 questions, but it would take me an eternity and three days to answer 800 questions. I am not an insanely skilled typist. I don't know how many I'll answer, but I guess we'll get started and see how it goes.   1. What's your full name?      Natalia Brooke Martin. (possibly gonna change that to Natalia Brooke Labelle. if that doesn't make sense, go read the last question on my "Liebster Award" post. Possibly even read the whole post if you wan

introduction/a bit about me

  Hey   I'm Natalia. Call me Tillie though. I kind of like my nickname.   This blog will be a discussion on perspectives of anything and everything. From movies to books to  food. .. whatever you guys want. Leave comments telling me what you want to hear about.  Some things you should know about me:   1. I am very opinionated. You will have to be prepared. On this blog, I will be saying what I think about things, and if you disagree, that's fine. I will apologize ahead of time for this. Sorry. And I will do my best not to be blunt. Also, I don't mind if you feel differently. Tell me so in the comments or email me about it. My email address is tilliebrooke@gmail.com.  2. My sentences can sometimes end up long and stringy and slightly weird. If you are a super observant person, you might have noticed that already...   3. I am not necessarily an inspirational writer. Again, if you are a super observant person you will have noticed this. Probably even if you are no

to ramble pt. 2 (a melancholy post)

  I'm currently in one of my moods. Meaning that I need to DO something or GO somewhere or SEE someone. But it's a Thursday night, at the beginning of July, in the middle of a pandemic. So you see my problem. I'm a little stuck.  Some people would say I need to just stop and look around and stop whining because I have everything I could ever need, and so much more. And it's true, so I feel bad.     But do you never just get a mood ?   Let's talk about moods.   I have so many different moods all the time. My mood right now is a mixture of melancholy-ness and wanderlust. I'm feeling RESTLESS. But probably tomorrow I'll be in my life-is-good-Natalia-stop-thinking-about-everything-you want-and-don't-have-and-just-be- grateful mood. I guess you might say my moods are complicated. I don't know. (Just kidding, I absolutely do know, my moods most definitely are complicated and that's not a good thing either.)  Well, okay, sometimes complicated moods are

new phone, new pictures

 I wasn't gonna post this soon again, and I was going to post more question/answer thingys when I did decide to post, but I wanted to do SOMETHING, and pictures seem good.   I got an old new phone not that long ago. And the camera is a HUGE upgrade from my last phone, so naturally, I have been testing it out quite a bit. I'll just put some pictures here. Enjoyyyy First, just a pretty sunset from the evening of the summer solstice (Saturday night, and the day before Father's day). And a story. Mom posted a picture of the sunset on her Instagram story, with something about the summer solstice and whatnot. Mind you, this was at probably 11:30 p.m. She also (kind of jokingly I think) mentioned that someone should come over and enjoy the sunset with us, and she would serve them iced tea and we would talk till midnight. HA. You know what's coming. A couple from our church (very spontaneous people, very fun, and very much into doing things like this) did act

to ramble (not completely following the blog theme this time, sorry)

 I have cool friends who have been writing cool and witty things during this whole pandemic-y thing. So of course I had to go along with it and be cool and witty as well.  The above paragraph is not a lie, I promise. But is maybe only half of the actual truth...The real deal is that about twenty minutes ago, I sat down at the computer, fully intending to finish my research paper once and for all. I spent a good three and a half hours on that incredibly irritating piece of writing yesterday, and almost ALMOST finished it. So of course I was just like, yeahhh let's get the thing over with so I don't have to take a weekend break and start back at it again on Monday. (me fact: I do that a lot. Somehow I manage to push myself way too hard on stuff like writing and schoolwork and chores and get exhausted with it, and also be a procrastinator at the same time. Who knew that was possible. Probably no one, because it makes zero sense.)  ANYWAY. I started reading other people's b