Skip to main content

thirty-three questions


  It's a rainy, muddy, cool-ish, gray-ish, Sunday, but it's nice to be inside.

  We had real church for the first time in almost three months, keeping the limit to fifty people of course, and social distancing inside. It was glorious to see my people again.

  I'm in the mood to write, but I didn't know what to write about. So I looked up a list of questions and I'll answer them about myself. Just so you guys can know me better, and I can satisfy my need to write for now.

  The list has 800 questions, but it would take me an eternity and three days to answer 800 questions. I am not an insanely skilled typist. I don't know how many I'll answer, but I guess we'll get started and see how it goes.

  1. What's your full name?
     Natalia Brooke Martin. (possibly gonna change that to Natalia Brooke Labelle. if that doesn't make sense, go read the last question on my "Liebster Award" post. Possibly even read the whole post if you want.)

  2. How old are you?
     I am fourteen.

  3.When's your birthday?
     April 10, 2006

  4.Do you have any pets?
     I do indeed. A cat named Hazel, who just had kittens, two or three of which I get to keep. I also have like five or so cows, but none of them are really pets. Actually, one is. It's mom doesn't know how to be a mom, so we're bottle feeding it for the summer. He's the cutest most active little guy, and his name is Sebastian.

  5. What's your favourite color?
     Lavender.

  6. Favourite number?
     Um, eleven I think.

  7. How tall are you?
     Five feet and four inches. Not tall, not short.

  8. What shoe size are you? 
      Size nine. I might not be tall or short, but I have significantly large feet.

  9. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
     This is good. I just got rid of all the ones I don't wear anymore. And I'm not gonna count flip flops or bigger boots, just because that is boring. Let's see. I have four pairs of sneakers, probably like three pairs of flats, two pairs of sandals, and two pairs of dress boots (do these count? since like technically, they're boots, not shoes.) So like nine without the boots, eleven with the boots. Tell me whether dress boots count here or not, because now I really want to know.

  10. If you were a super hero, what powers would you have?
       The power to heal.

  11. What was your last dream about?
       This is hilarious, since I NEVER dream, but for whatever reason, I did last night. I dreamed I had two biological sons, but I was still fourteen. It was the most scary thing.

  12. Would you like to build/design your own house?
       Build? no. Design? Not the architectural side as much, but like interior design? YES PLEASE. I adore interior design.

  13. What talents do you have?
       I would say I'm good at making friends. It's funny because I can be shy (although I guess not as much as I used to be, now that I think about it.), but I make new friends easily. I would also say I'm good at music, and can remember birthdays really well. (Although the latter is not necessarily a talent.)

  14. Can you juggle?
       nope

  15. Can you solve a rubix cube?
       I cannot. But my little brother can.

  16. Do you have a cherished childhood teddy bear?
       To be honest, I've never really liked teddy bears. I do have still have Nick though. He's the only one I ever kept. Grandma bought him for me. He's a giant fox, and named after my favourite Disney character, Nick, from Zootopia.

  > Now for some of the "are you a good...?" questions.

  17. Are you a good dancer?
       Absolutely not. I am not at all flexible in any way.

  18. Are you a good singer?
       I kind of hate these questions. I would say I am. Our family was gifted with good voices. But I hate bragging, so I will also say this. Everyone has their talents, and mine is music. But I am utterly hopeless when it comes to sports of any kind.

  19. Are you a good cook?
       I don't do actual cooking that much, I'm more the baker in our house. But I like it, and I've never made anything truly terrible, so I'll say yeah I guess.

  20. Are you a good artist?
      I like drawing, but I'm terrible at painting. I wouldn't say I'm a good artist, since I have a loooong way to go before I would actually be really good. I like it, and I'm not bad, but it's not something I'm passionate enough about to actually pursue it really hard. It's more of just a hobby.

  21. Are you a good public speaker?
      Not really. I get nervous and start talking super duper fast.

  22. Are you a good babysitter?
       I would say so. I LOVE kids so much.

  23. Are you a good mechanic?
       One word. NO.

  24. Are you a good swimmer?
       Nope. Nope I'm not. I've never had much practice, and I don't just love water. I say it this way. If someone threw me overboard a ship, I wouldn't die immediately. It's not that I just cannot swim, but I'm definitely not confidant.

  25. Are you a good dresser?
       Not bad at least. I care about how I look.

 Okay, done with the "are you a good...?" questions, thank goodness. I'll do five more just to bring us to an even thirty.

  26. Can you do any accents other than  your own? 
       I like to think I can do a British accent, but even I know it's actually horrible.

  27. What's your favourite accent?
       BRITISH

  28. Have you ever sleepwalked?
       Yes, a couple of times.

  29. Do you prefer liquid soap or bars of soap?
      Is this even a questions. I feel very strongly about this. LIQUID SOAP.

  30. Blue- or black-inked pens?
       Black. They look so much more professional.

  31. Can you skate? 
       I can fairly well actually. Thanks to living in the true white North.

  32. In tic tac toe, do you like x's or o's better?
       Definitely x's.
 
  33. What's the longest you've ever grown your hair?
       Does this mean the longest amount of time or the longest my hair has ever been? Well, I've never cut it, so that answers the first possibility: fourteen years. And my hair is pretty close to my knees I think.

  Okay I'll stop. I know I said thirty was where I would stop, but there were just a couple more good ones I really wanted to add. There's still 767 questions on the list, so if you want me to answer more, just say so.

   Happy Sunday.


Comments

  1. Yes! Do more of those question things!πŸ˜‰....PleaseπŸ˜‹

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent. I was hoping that would be the general preference, since it was so much fun to do. 😁😁

      Delete
  2. Yes these are awesome. Keep going!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha loved this!! Continue!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I'll try to do a part two sometime in the next couple of posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was very interesting πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ your a great writer 😊😊 do more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed reading this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

introduction/a bit about me

  Hey   I'm Natalia. Call me Tillie though. I kind of like my nickname.   This blog will be a discussion on perspectives of anything and everything. From movies to books to  food. .. whatever you guys want. Leave comments telling me what you want to hear about.  Some things you should know about me:   1. I am very opinionated. You will have to be prepared. On this blog, I will be saying what I think about things, and if you disagree, that's fine. I will apologize ahead of time for this. Sorry. And I will do my best not to be blunt. Also, I don't mind if you feel differently. Tell me so in the comments or email me about it. My email address is tilliebrooke@gmail.com.  2. My sentences can sometimes end up long and stringy and slightly weird. If you are a super observant person, you might have noticed that already...   3. I am not necessarily an inspirational writer. Again, if you are a super observant person you will have noticed this. Probably even if you are no

to ramble pt. 2 (a melancholy post)

  I'm currently in one of my moods. Meaning that I need to DO something or GO somewhere or SEE someone. But it's a Thursday night, at the beginning of July, in the middle of a pandemic. So you see my problem. I'm a little stuck.  Some people would say I need to just stop and look around and stop whining because I have everything I could ever need, and so much more. And it's true, so I feel bad.     But do you never just get a mood ?   Let's talk about moods.   I have so many different moods all the time. My mood right now is a mixture of melancholy-ness and wanderlust. I'm feeling RESTLESS. But probably tomorrow I'll be in my life-is-good-Natalia-stop-thinking-about-everything-you want-and-don't-have-and-just-be- grateful mood. I guess you might say my moods are complicated. I don't know. (Just kidding, I absolutely do know, my moods most definitely are complicated and that's not a good thing either.)  Well, okay, sometimes complicated moods are

new phone, new pictures

 I wasn't gonna post this soon again, and I was going to post more question/answer thingys when I did decide to post, but I wanted to do SOMETHING, and pictures seem good.   I got an old new phone not that long ago. And the camera is a HUGE upgrade from my last phone, so naturally, I have been testing it out quite a bit. I'll just put some pictures here. Enjoyyyy First, just a pretty sunset from the evening of the summer solstice (Saturday night, and the day before Father's day). And a story. Mom posted a picture of the sunset on her Instagram story, with something about the summer solstice and whatnot. Mind you, this was at probably 11:30 p.m. She also (kind of jokingly I think) mentioned that someone should come over and enjoy the sunset with us, and she would serve them iced tea and we would talk till midnight. HA. You know what's coming. A couple from our church (very spontaneous people, very fun, and very much into doing things like this) did act

to ramble (not completely following the blog theme this time, sorry)

 I have cool friends who have been writing cool and witty things during this whole pandemic-y thing. So of course I had to go along with it and be cool and witty as well.  The above paragraph is not a lie, I promise. But is maybe only half of the actual truth...The real deal is that about twenty minutes ago, I sat down at the computer, fully intending to finish my research paper once and for all. I spent a good three and a half hours on that incredibly irritating piece of writing yesterday, and almost ALMOST finished it. So of course I was just like, yeahhh let's get the thing over with so I don't have to take a weekend break and start back at it again on Monday. (me fact: I do that a lot. Somehow I manage to push myself way too hard on stuff like writing and schoolwork and chores and get exhausted with it, and also be a procrastinator at the same time. Who knew that was possible. Probably no one, because it makes zero sense.)  ANYWAY. I started reading other people's b